Friday, July 2, 2010

speaking of the truth..


you know what i like about lights? she sings about the truth. and she's real. she likes anime and video games.. and she has long poofy hair.. i looove poofy hair.
i was listening to this song with a friend once and my friend said "she thinks she's ugly.. isn't that why she sings 'how can you love me when i am ugly'?" i wanted to tell my friend that i am pretty sure she doesn't think she's ugly. i think it's more like a girl asking a boy how can he give her a chance..when she think's he is maybe too good for her? .. or that she isn't as pretty as every other girl the boy has to choose from. i know for sure every girl thinks that right? even the prettiest ones think that. sometimes i feel like i am not the prettiest girl.. i wake up and say wow why can't i be as skinny as so and so or why can't my eyes be bigger etc. i like how this song is about what a girl is thinking when she wants someone to acknowledge her. sort of everyone has that moment of low self esteem and that they're scared of rejection because no one is perfect.

there's this one quote from lady gaga in a rolling stones interview where she says "When I wake up in the morning, I feel just like any other insecure 24-year-old girl. Then I say, 'Bitch, you're Lady GaGa, you get up and walk the walk today." i like this quote.. cause even the most intimidating and risk taking celebrity in the world today has moments of being human.

"give me a second go, don't let me go alone.."

i guess we're all looking for acceptance for who we are right?


No comments:

Post a Comment