Sunday, August 23, 2009

first the worst.

"Girl, if you're wondering if I want you to, I want you to. So make a move, cause I ain't got all night." -Weezer's if you're wondering if I want you to, I want you to.

Have you heard Weezer's new song? When I first heard it I was like..yeahh.. it's alllrighttt I guess.. and then.. and THEN. While I was working, it started playing in my head. I started to bop my head along... then... I started to get the urge to hear it again! and again! andd aggaaiin!.. unfortunately there isn't a video on YouTube yet..but listen to Sonic cause it is definitely on heavy rotation!..


Enough about that though, the reason why I mentioned that amazing song, is because.. while I was driving around singing my heart out, I realised that he mentions how the girl is supposed to make the move and not him. WWWWWHHHHATTTT??? youu?? the superawesomesmartnerdyandcute rockstar wants the GIIRLLL to make the move? BUT RIVERS WHY?! why must you be so unconventional and make the girl make the move?

And cue the swirling traditional and non traditional perceptions on who should make the first move. boy? girl? boy? girl? dog?..?


I'm a traditional kinda girl. Or so I'd like to think. L and L will tell you that I am a go for it cause what's there to lose kinda girl. Just like the little mermaid....BUT BACK to the topic on hand. I want the guy to make the first move however contrary to what I say, my last relationship I definitely took initiative to dial my number in his phone.. aannd it was me who went in for the first kiss. (but obv. that turn out for the worst.. perhaps I was intimidating? :S)


I had a talk with one of my friends, S one night. He's the type of.. 'play boy' sort. Meaning, his cell is full of real and fake names of girls that he should and shouldn't be talking to. We came to the topic of this one girl that one of our friend is dating. We concluded that S was turned off by that girl because she was very forward. He said that being THAT forward with yourself comes off as easy, and not a challenge. Sooo.. guys want a challenge? or do they not mind a girl who is willing to be confident and say hi? That is, unless you know that the girl has a tendency to like every guy she meets.. then I guess you can pass on her.

So now I open discussion to the many ILBIA boys and girls! (like the acronym? yeah.. im pretty good lol) Would you like to discuss this topic? The comment section is Anonymous you know.. :)

Oh and J2 this is to prompt you to write a post on this topic too (:

- j
(image via google; girl kissing boy)

No comments:

Post a Comment