Monday, August 17, 2009

prologue.

Hiiiiiiiii.
Since I'm not good with welcoming speeches, I will start off with a little story.

Summer of grade ten. I started to take interest in this boy, H.
H was a pretty sweet guy. We hung out a couple of times, then one day in his basement he asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend. What did I do? I laughed for a good five minutes.
I eventually got around to saying yes to poor H.
By then you would have expected him to be aware of my inability to keep a straight face... right?
A couple of days following that night in the basement, H and I shared our first kiss. Now mind you, I was a naïve little girl yet to experience anything beyond a peck. Well, let's just say that first kissing experience was interrupted by the words, ha ha ha.
Poor guy, thought he was getting his groove on annd me being the awkward person I am, had to laugh in his face because:

a) I never thought I would ever experience my first lip locking action at that moment; and
b) I didn't know how to even kiss!

Oh the laughing didn't stop for a while.
The rest of the relationship ended with him telling me he loved me, and me breaking up with him two days later.
Oh, young love. The best two week relationship I ever had... And by best I mean... I have never laughed so much at someone during two of the worst possible times, ever.

Moral of the story is, five? years later, H is one of my closest friends.

I've grown into my awkward laughing phases, but I would assume that's one of the reasons why my friends and family love me.
I laugh in every situation. It's bad sometimes, but I can't really help that I'm socially awkward.

Here's to an interesting and tumbleweedless blog. Enjoy!

- j

No comments:

Post a Comment