Sunday, January 2, 2011

her thoughts, her words, are my words.


"As far back as I can remember I have always wanted to live a different life. I wanted stronger more confident and independent parents. I dreamed of finding out one day that they made a mistake at the hospital, the babies were switched and this rich beautiful family would come get me. I imagined winning the lottery and moving as far away from what surrounded me as possible. One day I even imagined what it would be like to be born a different nationality..maybe french. The strangest thing is, I hardly ever imagined what it would be like to be a different person. What does that mean? Didn’t my life, all of it, make me who I am? Does that mean it was all worth it? Does what surround me make me who I am? Did they make me?

I guess today when I imagined a different life all I could see was a different building, different car, different country, but the same me.

Maybe this is what ultimately shows me that it might actually be okay. Everything will be okay because ..well… maybe it was all worth it."

-AV

No comments:

Post a Comment