Friday, August 21, 2009

let it go, or keep holding on.

"A word's just a word, till you mean what you say; and love is love, till you give it away..."
- send it on; disney friends for change (don't ask, my sister who is four years my elder got me hooked)


A lot of things are boggling my mind these days and I can't help that one of them is the 'ex'. I wrote a whole blurb just now on it, but then I thought the better part of it and decided to keep that to myself. You could say that I'm over it for the most part, but anyone is lying if they tell you that they don't care at least a little bit...
There's this song by airborne toxic event called sometime around midnight.


If you listen to the words carefully, it's about a guy that sees his ex at the bar for the first time since the breakup. Cue new and improved ex girlfriend in a smokin dress. Cue jealousy. And then cue all emotion that he's ever felt for her including flashbacks of lovemaking. Then cue a hot and bothered emotionally unstable ex boyfriend oblivious of his surroundings. And now everyone is watching him as he tries to find that girl that he realized he oh-so-stupidly let go. "You just have to see her". Ahh yes. That one song.. is a song that I would say most ex's hope that the other half experiences at least once about them. Personally, I just love the passion behind the lyrics. Its sort of a revenge for making the worst mistake of your life kinda song... Muah haa haa.. Um I mean.. Passion.. Yes.. the passion.
Here's to having fun and letting a little serendipity find its way into my life. That word, serendipity. Reminds me this one guy who was super awkward and when we talked on the phone, he said he was super nervous to talk to me... cute. Wonder what happened to him...


- j

No comments:

Post a Comment