Wednesday, August 26, 2009

la vie en, rose?

persistence is key.

depending on what you want that is.

persistence in relationships is a no no. perseverance is key in relationships, but going back to someone that doesn't want you anymore, well I don't think that works. Or should I say, I know for a fact that doesn't work. giving them time in between works, but if you keep on pushing a brick wall without letting it crack first, than you're setting yourself up for failure.

this post is not on relationships though. its about life goals.

persistence is key when you want something sooooo bad. in five years, I want to be finished my degree, have an extensive list of work experience and I want to have applied for my masters degree.

however, things seem to keep on blocking the road to success. I've been lucky enough to be given chance upon chance to prove myself, although it seems with one rise, there is always a fall.

I feel like I'm trying to climb a mountain that is not at all steep. there are little hills on this mountain that I keep on going up and down as quickly as I see them, and it just feels like this flat surface. So flat that I'm pretty sure I'm not rising at all. the top of the mountain doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon. It's a huge uphill battle that seems like it's taking forever to reach.

I guess that's why there's being persistent. I can only hope that my attempts to persist and fight for my goals will work, and that I will be able to focus on the prize and prove to myself that I can do it. because.. I know I can. and, I know I'm fighting with good intentions.

*here's to hopes and dreams and accomplishing more in life than you though you could do. and here's to hoping that happy endings do come true.

(on a side note, I just made a wish on 11:11am (the time on the blog is diff from my time..wierdd..) for an email back from my faculty advisor, and then I got a msg on my bb that I received an email from her. unfortunately it wasn't THE email I was waiting for..but still trippy lol )

- j

No comments:

Post a Comment