Tuesday, September 8, 2009

last night..


so last night, while I was on my way home from dinner with my family, I came across a road obstruction. Now, when I first approached the scene, I saw a couple of cars blocking the road..and my initial thought was.. w-t-f.
As I drew nearer to the scene, I realised that.. there were pieces of human flesh all over the road.

oh my fuck. is that a corpse? where are the legs? OH MY FUCK. IS THAT A PERSON?! .. they didn't have a face?!! holyyy shit. OMGOMGOMGOMG.

so that conversation went on for a good 15 minutes between my sister and I. wow. after getting home, my other sister stopped by the scene to see what was going on. by that time the body had been covered and word through the grape vine said it was a hit and run.

so, being a nursing student, I SHOULD be able to handle these kinds of situations right?! NOPE. wrong. after I got home, I was pretty freaked out. my mind pretty much welcomed all thoughts of death, accidents, suicides.. you name it.

the "breaking story" that night on the 11 oclock news was a hit and run, by two cars where an elderly pedestrian was killed. the cars that were stopped there saw the body and closed off the intersection. heartbreaking actually. the first car to hit the body sped off into the night...

Now, I make it my duty to avoid using my cell phone when I drive. I try not to speed, and I for sure am going to avoid driving if I'm really tired. Accidents happen.. but its not everyday that you see CSI in your neighbouring hood.

This morning on my way to work I saw a dead cat on the road. it brought back memories of last night. I don't know how I'm going to handle emerg. but.. I guess that's just life right?

UPDATE: here's a link to the story if anyone was intersted :P
- j

(image via google; don't drink and drive)

No comments:

Post a Comment