Tuesday, September 8, 2009

L's contribution

Happily ever after

So j asked me to contribute to her blog. Now i’m definitely not one to be very vocal about my feelings so i had no idea what to write. But since this blog seems to be mostly talking about love and relationships i guess i shall stick with this topic.
As j has mentioned, i attended a wedding last month. Actually i was a bridesmaid so i got to be behind the scenes, which means i got to experience all the work and drama that goes into the perfect day. I’ve attended many weddings before and although this is the first where i’m a bridesmaid, i have yet to experience one where so many things went wrong before. This couple had so much to deal with, from family drama to the bakery making the wrong cake! I tried my best to help them in any way i can cause they are the last two people in the world to have their day ruined. At the end of it all, their wedding day was nothing short of perfect. And it was then i realized something.

As much as the people around them scrambled to right all the wrongs, it really didn’t matter. I’ve seen this couple go through so much in the years they’ve been together and all they really wanted was to be married...to show all their friends and family how strong their love was for each other....how committed they were to each other...to show that no matter what the world has thrown at them, they’ve survived through it all. Cause there would be no point for them to exist without the other. I have never felt so happy for a couple to be married and they’ve taught me what true love really is. Their day was perfect, not because the cake was right, the weather was perfect, or the hall looked perfect. None of those really mattered...it was perfect cause they were so happy to begin the rest of their lives with each other.

8 months ago, my 4 year relationship ended. We didn’t end on bad terms and i have tons of respect for him. He knows that at the end of the day i am here for him. A couple months ago i would consider getting back together but after this wedding i know i can’t. I have finally seen what true love really looks and feels like. I don’t think i deserve the best out there...i know i’m not the best catch myself. But the love i shared with my ex was nothing close to what this couple has. The worst part is that i know we could never have that in the future either. And i think everyone deserves to experience that. But i’m in no rush...my time will come. And so the journey begins again...except this time i know what my happily ever after looks like.

- L

No comments:

Post a Comment